Specialist in Public Management (online)
NOTICE: This programme has ended - registration is no longer possible
Start date: 09/09/2013
End date: 08/09/2014
Number of hours: 350
Fees: 2450 €
The University of Alicante, through the Area of Political Science and Administration (Department of State Legal Studies) aims at contributing to the process of institutional modernization and strengthening of governments and public institutions, via the dissemination of knowledge and advanced management techniques.
The Specialist in Public Management course has been designed to ensure profound specialization in the area of political leadership and management on all levels (central, regional and local).
Public administration personnel and employees in national and international organizations of a public character, from countries across the globe. It is also aimed at professionals interested in learning about new public management and the necessary techniques to manage public institutions.
To be accepted in the Specialist in Public Management Course, applicant must hold a university degree, diploma or the equivalent.
Address capacity building demands in the area of public institutions and the third sector from a management perspective, in accordance with the changes required by the public sector in the framework of a knowledge-and-information-based society. Focus on designing strategies and offering solutions to the demands posed by public management of public and third institutions, providing therefore modern methods and tools to analyze and resolve problems.
Applicant must be a public administration employee or an employee at a national or international organization of a public character, or had served in one for at least one year.
Applicant must also hold a university degree, preferably in the area of social science and legal studies.
1. Virtual Instruments and Course Methodology.
2. Political Systems and State Theory.
3. Political and Administrative Thought and Contemporary Political Ideologies.
4. Comparative Political and Administrative Systems.
5. Democratic Governance, Citizen Participation and Civil Society.
6. Public Policies.
7. Public Ethics, Good Governance and Transparency.
Specialist in Public Management Subjects
8. Public Administrations. Public Management Modernization.
9. Strategic Planning and Public Management.
10. Management of Human Capital in the Public Sphere. Communication in Public Organizations.
11. The Public Budgeting Process.
12. Public Management Techniques.
13. Academic Project in Public Management.
Students who carry out academic activities and assignments as indicated in the study plan and pass assessments shall receive a “University Specialist in Public Management” certificate. Students who carry out assignments but do not pass the assessments may request a certificate of participation.
Application, Registration and Required Documents
Application takes place between April 15th and June 30th 2013, directly through the Program´s Administrative Secretary or through the corresponding online form. Registration takes place between 1-31 July 2013.
Along with the application document/form, interested applicants must send the following documents to the Program´s Administrative Secretary:
• Legalized photocopy of the university degree.
• Photocopy of your passport.
• Two passport-size pictures.
• Professional accreditation (if applicable).
• Motivation letter.
Legalization of international degrees must be done at the Spanish embassy or consulate in the country where the degree was issued.
Registration is carried out through the university´s virtual campus (Campus Virtual de la UA) following the instructions received from the Program´s Secretary and the Doctoral and Postgraduate Studies Center (CEDIP).
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or contact the Program’s Administrative Secretary at the General Foundation’s Business School (FGUA): email@example.com
Specialist in Public Management (online): 2,450€
Scholarships and tuition fee reductions are available to international students based on:
• Priority in application and registration.
• Economic conditions.
• Academic merit.
• Evaluation of the motivation letter.
• Scholarships in the form of 10% and 20% reductions on tuition fees will be based on priority in registration as well as academic merit and economic conditions.
• Scholarships in the form of a 30% reduction on tuition fees are available for groups of 30 from public institutions or entities.
• Scholarships in the form of a 40% reduction on tuition fees are available for groups of 50 from public institutions or entities.
Location: Business School, Germán Bernácer Building, University of Alicante
Telephone : (00 34) 965 90 9373; 96 590 34 00, Ext: 2237 /
Fax: (00 34) 965 90 9369
For more information: www.masterliderazgo.com