X Transatlantic IP Summer Academy
NOTICE: This programme has ended - registration is no longer possible
Start date: 05/09/2016
End date: 09/09/2016
Number of hours: 30
Bocconi University is organizing in September 2016 the Tenth edition of the Transatlantic Intellectual Property Summer Academy, jointly with the University of Alicante and the Magister Lvcentinvs. The topic of this tenth edition will be “Intellectual Property, Hightech and International Trade”. Conscious of the constant evolution of technology and of its growing importance for all economic sectors, through the interdisciplinary approach which has always characterized the TIPSA, this year’s Summer Academy will focus on the law, economics, business and operational practicalities of international intellectual property and international trade law regulation and its effects on new technologies.
Leading experts from universities, research centers, think tanks, intergovernmental organizations, law firms and businesses coming from both sides of the Atlantic will lecture on the challenges of new technologies and the solutions devised by intellectual property and trade law at the international and comparative level.
The horizontal teaching and constant contacts with IP operators will also allow a thorough discussion of the management of intellectual property rights, thanks also to real-life case studies directed by renowned experts in international IP and trade.
DATE AND VENUE
5 – 9 September 2016; Alicante, University of Alicante and Magister Lvcentinvs, Spain
Bocconi University and the University of Alicante / Magister Lvcentinvs in cooperation with:
- The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- The European Patent Office: EPO Academy
- The University of Trento
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (Cleveland, OH, USA)
- McGill University – Montreal (Quebec, Canada) (TBC)
- University of Western Ontario – Canada (TBC)
- CNRS (CECOJI - Paris, France)
- Italian Universities (University of Milan, Polytechnic University of Milan, Scuola Normale Pisa and Foggia University (TBC)
- Penn State University (USA) (TBC)
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (TBC)
- Graduate Degree in Law, Economics or Engineering or
- Undergraduate Degree in Law or
- The programme is also open to Government officials, researchers and professionals working in TTOs.
- 30 hours teaching program.
- Visits to IP operators.
- Printed and online teaching material to each course participant.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Limited to 40.
THE SUMMER ACADEMY IS A RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME (EXCEPT FOR WEBCASTING) AND INCLUDES:
- Courses, seminars and visits to IP operators.
- Discounts for accommodation bookings.
- Printed and online teaching material to each course participant at University of Alicante and Magister Lvcentinvs.
In addition, for the period of the Summer Academy, participants will have full access to all University of Alicante and Magister Lvcentinvs facilities (Library, electronic resources and all premises).
The firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox will provide guidance to participants or applicants. Course participants’ E-Helpdesk and a tutorship phone desk will be set up from June 1, 2016 at until one week after the end of the course and will provide advice and guidance for inquiries relating to travel opportunities, early arrival and extended stay.
The University of Alicante is not in the position to book your accommodation or to act as your agent. Participants should book and pay directly their travel, accommodation and evening meal. For accommodation, students are recommended to book a room in Villa Universitaria: http://www.villauniversitaria.com/
. In addition, you may check the accommodation resources in the website of the University of Alicante :
As per standard practice, the inter-disciplinary International Faculty is constituted by Bocconi Professors and Professors/Department Directors/ Deans from each partner and cooperating institution, including Professors Roberto Caso - Trento, the University of Alicante, Craig Nard - Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, OH, USA, the EPO Academy, the WIPO Development Cooperation Sector, etc
PROGRAMME AND DETAILS
Programme contents include inter-disciplinary high-level teaching on intellectual property, high-tech and international trade (as per draft attached), with added value in each of the following fields:
- North American, European and International IP and Trade Law
- North American, European and International IP and Trade Economics
- North American, European and International IP as a tool for Researchers
- North American, European and International IP and Trade Business operational models.
The full programme will be uploaded on the web page of the Bocconi School of Law as soon as it will be available.
As a result of their attendance to the Bocconi Transatlantic Summer IP Academy 2016, participant lawyers, economists, scientists and engineers, as well as business specialists (at student or young professional level) are to:
• Enhance, thanks to lectures by the best international IP specialists, their international knowledge in their own field of expertise.
• Better embrace intellectual property, high-tech and international trade globally, as a subject item at the crossroads between different stakeholders.
For all lessons, a participatory and interactive teaching approach is chosen, involving trade and business case examples and studies, practical exercises and direct contact opportunities with IP operators and companies in a dynamic, horizontal and open work environment. In addition, free tutor assistance will be available to the participants, in order to ensure cohesion between the participants.
An optional daily recreational programme is available in advance to participants and includes
• invitations to cultural activities
• free of charge social activities and activities at limited costs
Download the Programme
Download the Event Flyer
Attendance certificates are granted to participants. Universities giving credits to students for attendance establish their appropriate policies, in accordance with their own internal rules. For any additional information, students will contact email@example.com
and University of Alicante and Magister Lvcentinvs.
The Bocconi University School of Law will request to “Consiglio Nazionale Forense (Italy)” that credits be granted to Italian Lawyers attending the 2016 edition of the Summer Academy (as this was the case for the 2015, 2014 and 2013 editions).
REGISTRATION AND PRICING
Early bird registration fees until 15 June 2016:
Whole Programme: Eur 400
Reduced registration fees: Eur 250
Registration fees after 15 June 2016:
Whole Programme: Eur 500
Reduced registration fees: Eur 350
The price includes lunch meals and tea breaks.
Participants from Organizing Partners are eligible for reduced registration fees.
Please note that during the month of August the University of Alicante is closed. Any application sent during that period will be processed on the first week of September.