Master’s Program in Political Leadership and Public Management of Political and Administrative Institutions
NOTICE: This programme has ended - registration is no longer possible
Start date: 09/09/2013
End date: 08/09/2014
Number of hours: 600
Fees: 4200 €
The University of Alicante, through the Area of Political Science and Administration (Department of State Legal Studies) aims at contributing to the process of institutional modernization and strengthening of governments and public institutions, via the dissemination of knowledge and advanced management techniques.
The Online Master’s Program in Political Leadership and Public Management of Political and Administrative Institutions is offered within the framework of the IV Postgraduate Program in Public Management. The Program employs modern technology and advanced educational methods, in accordance with the model determined by the European Higher Education Area. Its modular structure allows students to register in the entire Program or in the Specialist and Expert courses.
Active politicians, individuals with political interests and vocation, syndicates, management personnel of public administrations and third sector organizations, as well as university graduates with special interest in politics and new public management who wish to address present problems challenging democracy and good governance.
To be accepted in the Master’s Program and the Specialist in Public Management Course, applicant must hold a university degree, diploma or the equivalent.
To be accepted in the Expert in Political Leadership course, holding a university degree is not a prerequisite. However, relative professional experience and activity must be demonstrated in this case.
Address capacity building demands in public institutions, political parties and the third sector in the area of public management, in accordance with the changes required by the public sector in the framework of a knowledge-and-information-based society.
Focus on designing strategies and offering solutions to public demands (as presented in the different courses), offering therefore modern tools and methods to analyze and resolve problems.
1. Virtual Instruments and Course Methodology.
2. Political Systems and State Theory.
3. Political and Administrative Thought and Contemporary Political Ideologies.
4. Comparative Political and Administrative Systems.
5. Democratic Governance, Citizen Participation and Civil Society.
6. Public Policies.
7. Public Ethics, Good Governance and Transparency.
Expert in Political Leadership Subjects
8. Political Institutions and Administrative Institutions.
10. Political Institutions and Actors. Typology and Characteristics of Political Leadership.
11. Typology, Organization and Functioning of Political Parties.
12. Publicity and Political Communication. Social Networks.
13. Electoral Processes.
14. Academic Project in Political Leadership.
Specialist in Public Management Subjects
15. Public Administrations. Public Management Modernization.
16. Strategic Planning and Public Management.
17. Management of Human Capital in the Public Sphere. Communication in Public Organizations.
18. The Public Budgeting Process.
19. Public Management Techniques.
20. Academic Project in Public Management.
Subjects Specific to the Master’s Program
21. Human Rights and Social Rights.
22. Political History of the World.
23. Master’s Final Project.
Students who carry out academic activities and assignments as indicated in the study plan and pass assessments shall receive a Master’s Degree in Political Leadership and Public Management of Political and Administrative Institutions.
Application, Registration and Required Documents
Application takes place between April 15th and June 30th 2013, directly through the Program´s Administrative Secretary or through the corresponding online form. Registration takes place between 1-31 July 2013.
Along with the application document/form, interested applicants must send the following documents to the Program´s Administrative Secretary:
• Legalized photocopy of the university degree.
• Photocopy of your passport.
• Two passport-size pictures.
• Professional accreditation (if applicable).
• Motivation letter.
Legalization of international degrees must be done at the Spanish embassy or consulate in the country where the degree was issued.
Registration is carried out through the university´s virtual campus (Campus Virtual de la UA) following the instructions received from the Program´s Secretary and the Doctoral and Postgraduate Studies Center (CEDIP).
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
, or contact the Program’s Administrative Secretary at the General Foundation’s Business School (FGUA): firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialist in Public Management (online): 2,450€
Scholarships and tuition fee reductions are available to international students based on:
• Priority in application and registration.
• Economic conditions.
• Academic merit.
• Evaluation of the motivation letter.
• Scholarships in the form of 10% and 20% reductions on tuition fees will be based on priority in registration as well as academic merit and economic conditions.
• Scholarships in the form of a 30% reduction on tuition fees are available for groups of 30 from public institutions or entities.
• Scholarships in the form of a 40% reduction on tuition fees are available for groups of 50 from public institutions or entities.
Location: Business School, Germán Bernácer Building, University of Alicante
Telephone: (00 34) 965 90 9373; 96 590 34 00, Ext: 2237 /
Fax: (00 34) 965 90 9369
For more information: www.masterliderazgo.com