Expert in Political Leadership (online)
NOTICE: This programme has ended - registration is no longer possible
Start date: 09/09/2013
End date: 01/04/2014
Number of hours: 250
Fees: 1650 €
The University of Alicante, through the Area of Political Science and Administration (Department of State Legal Studies) aims at contributing to the process of institutional modernization and strengthening of governments and public institutions, via the dissemination of knowledge and advanced management techniques.
The Expert in Political Leadership course has been designed to ensure profound specialization in the area of political leadership and inter-institutional relations.
Active politicians, individuals with political interests and vocation, syndicates, personnel of public administrations and third sector organizations, as well as university graduates with special interest in politics and new public management who wish to address problems challenging democracy and good governance.
To be accepted in the Expert in Political Leadership course, holding a university degree is not a prerequisite. However, relative professional experience and activity must be demonstrated in this case.
Promote interest in public work, especially amongst public sector employees who exercise public responsibilities on different levels, with special focus on ethics and transparency in managing and strengthening institutions which are indispensable elements in taking decisions and defending human rights and values. The approach will be in accordance with the changes required by the public sector in the framework of a knowledge-and-information-based society.
Applicant must be occupying a position related to political responsibility or management of public organizations, syndicates or the third sector anywhere across the globe. University graduates with special political interests and who work or collaborate with third sector organizations can also apply.
1. Virtual Instruments and Course Methodology.
2. Political Systems and State Theory.
3. Political and Administrative Thought and Contemporary Political Ideologies.
4. Comparative Political and Administrative Systems.
5. Democratic Governance, Citizen Participation and Civil Society.
6. Public Policies.
7. Public Ethics, Good Governance and Transparency.
Expert in Political Leadership Subjects
8. Political Institutions and Administrative Institutions.
10. Political Institutions and Actors. Typology and Characteristics of Political Leadership.
11. Typology, Organization and Functioning of Political Parties.
12. Publicity and Political Communication. Social Networks.
13. Electoral Processes.
14. Academic Project in Political Leadership.
Students who carry out academic activities and assignments as indicated in the study plan and pass assessments shall receive a “University Expert in Political Leadership”
certificate. Students who carry out assignments but do not pass the assessments may request a certificate of participation.
Application, Registration and Required Documents
Application takes place between May and June 2013, directly through the Program´s Administrative Secretary or through the corresponding online form. Registration takes place 1-31 July 2013.
Along with the application document/form, interested applicants must send the following documents to the Program´s Administrative Secretary:
• Legalized photocopy of the university degree (if applicable).
• Photocopy of your passport.
• Two passport-size pictures.
• Professional accreditation (if applicable).
• Motivation letter.
Legalization of international degrees must be done at the Spanish embassy or consulate in the country where the degree was issued.
Registration is carried out through the university´s virtual campus (Campus Virtual de la UA) following the instructions received from the Program´s Secretary and the Doctoral and Postgraduate Studies Center (CEDIP).
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or contact the Program’s Administrative Secretary at the General Foundation’s Business School (FGUA) email@example.com
Specialist in Public Management (online): 1,650€
Scholarships and tuition fee reductions are available to international students based on:
• Priority in application and registration.
• Economic conditions.
• Academic merit.
• Evaluation of the motivation letter.
• Scholarships in the form of 10% and 20% reductions on tuition fees will be based on priority in registration as well as academic merit and economic conditions.
• Scholarships in the form of a 30% reduction on tuition fees are available for groups of 30 from public institutions or entities.
• Scholarships in the form of a 40% reduction on tuition fees are available for groups of 50 from public institutions or entities.
Location: Business School, Germán Bernácer Building
Telephone: (00 34) 965 90 9373; 96 590 34 00, Ext: 2237
Fax: (00 34) 965 90 9369
For more information: www.masterliderazgo.com